Saturday, January 10, 2009

Vacation - My Story pt 2

So its 6 am and I can't sleep so I will attempt to continue the story of the vacation.

Day 3 - September 14th: Arrival at Freeport
So after waking up fairly early the next morning I decided to look out the window and see that we were in an industrial like port. There were barges and ships being loaded with boxes. While I waited for Cassie to wake up I decided to watch some tv. I realized that we had local Colorado news, which seems odd because we are extremly far from Colorado. Anyways after Cassie got up we got our preordered room service breakfast and got prepared to leave the boat. As we attempted to find our way off the boat, which the exit is at the very bottom of the ship. Bought a couple of waters and put our feet on foreign soil. I knew we would have to take a taxi to everything so we started walking towards the taxi location. We passed a lot of small shops on the way to the taxi and Cassie bought a cool looking reef sculputre and the lady had offered to hold on to it until we got back. So we got into a van and packed ourselves into an old looking van. Kinda scary but whatevs. After about a 10 minute drive to the market we get out and start walking passed all the booths. I have not been complemented so much as I was that moment. Everyone is being extremly nice and wanting you to look at what they have. Which by the way everything was the same at every shop. Anyways I wasn't feeling very good so we didn't stay too long. Cassie bought a necklace and we bought our family and friends stuff and what not and headed back to the boat. Once back on the boat we took a little nap. After a sleep it was dinner time, we decided against going to the main dinner and was just going to eat the buffet again. After the buffet we went up to the top deck and just laid down and watched the night sky and the water. Which is an amazing sight to see. We did this because you need to be out of your room so they can turn down your room. So we waited for what we thought enough time to go to bed and went back to the room.

I am going to end this here I will continue the story later.

No comments: